Saturday, June 17

Seahorses

I really wanted to create a pretty card using just the die cut edging you see here, however, it was much too fragile to form the base of a card without some support. I did try, but found the edges would fold and crumple when I tried to stand the card open, so I settled for a black card base instead. Looking at it here, I think I might need to add a little more colour to the seahorses before I send it to the recipient, they're a bit too subtle against the background.



11 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful Beccy...I think the coloring of the seahorses is just perfect!
xxx Margreet

Teresa said...

Pretty.

Donna Ellis said...

lovely card, and gorgeous image! I especialyl like the shading you have achieved inside the seahorses - they certainly have that "white, bony skeletal" on the outside, or at least, it is a lighter color than the interior - beautifully done!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Beccy. The frame is so striking against the black. xx

terrie said...

Your card is perfect just the way it is.....the water coloring around the seahorses makes them flowing on the card...
well done and tfs

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Becky, try cutting the frame out 3 times and gluing them together. They will be much sturdier, almost as if you cut them from chipboard. Lovely card by the way

Beccy said...

Great idea Kim, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give that a try.
Cheers,
Beccy

Nancy said...

Really pretty. I love the color. Would you mind telling us what die you used for the beautiful frame? Thanks.

Beccy said...

Hi Nancy. The die is called "Floral Assortment" and it's from Spellbinders, and I think there are three dies in the set.
Cheers,
Beccy

Gina said...

Perfect solution. The black base card only acts to increase the delicate feel to the card front :D XXX

Mel C said...

This is so pretty Beccy, I've always liked seahorses!